Presentations....and the New Girl
Ok so I'm in my last year of university, my victory lap, and most of my classes involve making presentations for my professors and the rest of my class. This is no big deal...I don't have any problems speaking in front of large groups. The problem is today we had a fifth group member added to our existing group of four. She's great...but she doesn't speak any english. So here's the deal, we have a group meeting to divy up the work and so each person states their preference and such but when we get to our new member she tells us, through some help of a translator, that she cannot take on the part of the work because her english isn't very good. I have no problems with new people to the country, without them Canada wouldn't be able to survive, but how did she get this far in university without the language? And if you cant to the research how can you give a presentation? So we asked her to work together with one of the other group members to get the work done. We'll see how the presentation goes and I'll keep everyone posted.
On another subject, I think I'm gonna be making daily song recommendations and call it "The Song of the Day". Check it out and comment on whether or not you like it or think I'm crazy for liking it myself.
Today's song of the day is "In the Meantime" by Space Hog
That's it for now, blog you later.
On another subject, I think I'm gonna be making daily song recommendations and call it "The Song of the Day". Check it out and comment on whether or not you like it or think I'm crazy for liking it myself.
Today's song of the day is "In the Meantime" by Space Hog
That's it for now, blog you later.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home