My Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, January 16, 2006

Untitled

"Untitled", non-descript yet so descriptive. It doesn't tell the story but conveys the author's underlying message but leaves you somewhat dissatisfied. That's how I feel right now. I'm content but something is missing.

Where do I go from here? I find that music has been great to rid me of this feeling. Going to "Revival" with Jen and Jay was fun...had a great time guys! Thoughts have been crossing my mind. I have opportunities at work to take on a job overseas. It would be an opportunity for a dramatic spike in my income scale and the chance to start fresh. Wipe the slate clean so to speak. There is an feeling that burdens me that I cannot describe. Is it anger? Is it sadness? Is it happiness? I don't know. I can't say it's anything....that's the issue. I feel that I can't fix it because is there anything there to fix? If I had to describe it metaphorically it would be synonomous with being dropped off in the middle of a busy intersection of a European city that you have never set foot in before. Beautiful yet unsettling. Unfamiliar but charismatic. What direction to take? Do I explore? Do I find my way home? Where is home? Where is everyone? Crazy I know but this feeling has overcome me this weekend.

Singapore sounds nice....Japan....somewhere else in Asia....or maybe South America. Then I think back to my friends. I love them all. How can I live somewhere without them. I can't wait for the condo. It will give me change. I need change. And why the hell is Fall Out Boy $45? I'm not crazy!

Time to stop this randomness.



Song of the Post: "Untitled 1" Keane

2 Comments:

  • If you have the opportunity to take a job overseas...TAKE IT!!!

    YOU CRAZY SON OF A BITCH!!

    MORE MONEY!!!

    MONEY MONEY MONEY....THAT IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT!!

    Your friends will always be here and since i know that you are very very single right now...there shouldn't be anything that is holding you back.

    Just the experience alone is worth it!!

    Damn i wish i was in your position!!

    TAKE THE DAMN JOB....

    Don't miss a great opportunity so that you can hang with people in the Tdot.

    IF you have the chance...take it take it....take it....take it...

    TAKE THE JOB!!

    If you don't i am going to dislocate the other knee!!

    By Blogger AV, at 7:56 p.m.  

  • i dont know if youre still reading your blog or posting on it or whatever. and i dont know if it weirds you out to get posts from random people. but judging from the content of your blog, you wouldn't be. so i was dong a little surfing, which i actually rarely do, and came across your blog. i was reading a little bit of it. the title caught me because i used to say the same thing, only i would say it before 20. I just wanted to say that i dont know where youre holding now in your spiritual/philosophical/existential/emotional life journey, but wherever you are, and i hope its a good place, although those arent the bulk of them, just know that there are others out there like you. others who feel the same existential lonliness, the same pangs of the search and the quest, the same unsettledness, albeit a little differently. and i value your venture towards the true. and i relate to you. and you're not alone.

    By Blogger shira, at 3:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home