My Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cross Country Treks and Brushfire Fairytales


Last night marked was the culmination of a great weekend for me. A weekend of great music, friends and biking.

Friday night Emil, Rob, Mary and I went to go see a friend's band play their last show at this small pub in Mississauga. It was a surreal experience since there so many people whom I haven't seen in ages, some not since high school.

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending the Jack Johnson concert and I was impressed at how good Jack sounds live. It was a great time and the music was just fantastic, that with a few brews made a great night. Oh and the "Tremendous" following was also a great way to cap the night off.

On Sunday, Jehan and I had the insane idea to attempt to ride our bikes from Mississauga to Waterloo. We started up at around 11am on Sunday morning and biked for bit over 4 hours and made it to just outside of Guelph before I cramped up and Jehan was too tired to continue. We covered over 50Kms on our trek through southern Ontario's farm country and even though we didn't quite make it to our final destination I was quite proud of myself. The most fulfilling aspect of this was that my dad, who is normally not very supportive of any of my endeavours, came to me and said "You did something you had never done and you saw things you had never seen". That about sums it up and it was great to hear it coming from him.

Last night, Jay and I attended the Athlete concert at the Opera House and I completely and thoroughly enjoyed it, even more so than Jack Johnson. Maybe it was the intimate atmosphere or I was just in the right mood for the music, I don't know. What I do know is that the stars were aligned perfectly and the concert gods were shining down on us last night. What a great experience! This has inspired me to continue my concert hopping experience, something I have not done in a few years. So next on the concert list are the Doves coming up on September 30th. The best thing about it is that these smaller lesser known bands are quite cheap to go see. Jay and I got a 2 for 1 ticket deal for the Doves. Bonus!

Maybe my "Quarter Life Crisis" is coming to an end. My career is on the right track, I bought a condo and aside from my student debt I am pretty worry free right now. Yes, of course, love is still missing but that's not related to my "Quarter Life Crisis" and really who cares at this point. I love this "I don't care!" approach to love I have taken as of late. It alleviates a lot of the stress associated with be single. So, I feel it is time to think of a new name and a facelift for my blog...the process begins.

Song of the Post: Athlete "Half Light"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home