My Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Fashion Statements and Old Stomping Grounds

Ok. I don't want to get into a long winded discussion on what to wear or not to wear but I have recently noticed some really severe fashion booboos.

Exhibit A: Saturday night at Failtes' there was some dude who was wearing an old black tank top tucked into his high waisted jeans and he had super long unkept hair. WTH? Sorry, I thought I fell asleep and woke up in the 80's on the set of a Def Leopard video. I was waiting for the punch kick and some long haired dude in tights jumping off the stage.

Exhibit B: Underarmour. Great product. Own some myself. This is ATHLETIC atire. Do NOT wear your Underarmour shirt tucked into your jeans. Do not wear your underarmour with a suit or sport coat. I have seen the look with jeans many times but then I saw the Underarmour with a suit on "The Apprentice" of all places. You're trying to land the job of your life and you wear an athletic shirt with your PIN STRIPED suit! Are you mad!

I shall leave you with only two examples but the list is endless. Kudos to those who have style and know how to dress themselves.

So yesterday marked my return to my karate class. Needless to say, I was rusty but I could feel the rust shaking off quickly. My knee didn't give me any problems but my other non-injured knee felt a little funny. I think I'm just going to end up wearing two braces. My sensei recently achieved the rank of "Godan", which translates to 5th dan or 5th degree blackbelt. His great ability to teach and pass on his skills has convinced me to make the trek from Waterloo to Mississauga to keep attending his class. I look forward to my next class.

Song of the Post: Kanye West ft. Common "My Way Home"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home