Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Well ok it's a little late but whatever....
So... Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year. This year went by extremely quickly for me. One difference this year worth noting is how much I enjoyed GIVING this year. My friends and family had set budgets for how much to spend on each other and I totally smashed through them. It felt good. I bought some things that they either really wanted or needed and it was all about seeing their happy faces. This unfortunately also happened to be a year where I didn't make much money at work for the Christmas season so I am BROKE! Oh well...C'est la vie!
I went to see the movie Alfie with a friend and to my surprise it was actually quite the "Guy" movie. I really thought it was a good movie filled with morals that can be applied to my own life. I definitely do not have Jude Law's looks and don't get as many women....Sigh.....but nonetheless I can relate. The film was filled with cryptic messages like "desire, wish, search", etc. all suggesting the protagonist's search for his lifelong companion. There is a line in the movie where Alfie says that nobody should be alone during the holidays and I have to agree. The holiday season is not a great time to be single. granted, I do have plenty of great friends to hang out with but its not the same as having that special someone to share the season with. I definitely reccomend watching "Alfie" ...it illustrates how eventually guys have to grow out of the "date as many women as possible" phase and settle down with the right person.
So that's all for now...
Song of the Post:
"Long December" by Counting Crows
So... Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year. This year went by extremely quickly for me. One difference this year worth noting is how much I enjoyed GIVING this year. My friends and family had set budgets for how much to spend on each other and I totally smashed through them. It felt good. I bought some things that they either really wanted or needed and it was all about seeing their happy faces. This unfortunately also happened to be a year where I didn't make much money at work for the Christmas season so I am BROKE! Oh well...C'est la vie!
I went to see the movie Alfie with a friend and to my surprise it was actually quite the "Guy" movie. I really thought it was a good movie filled with morals that can be applied to my own life. I definitely do not have Jude Law's looks and don't get as many women....Sigh.....but nonetheless I can relate. The film was filled with cryptic messages like "desire, wish, search", etc. all suggesting the protagonist's search for his lifelong companion. There is a line in the movie where Alfie says that nobody should be alone during the holidays and I have to agree. The holiday season is not a great time to be single. granted, I do have plenty of great friends to hang out with but its not the same as having that special someone to share the season with. I definitely reccomend watching "Alfie" ...it illustrates how eventually guys have to grow out of the "date as many women as possible" phase and settle down with the right person.
So that's all for now...
Song of the Post:
"Long December" by Counting Crows



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home