Where's My Motivation?
It is the Friday before reading week and I HAD a paper due yesterday. What the hell is wrong with me? I have done all the readings, I have several pages of notes to draw upon for my insightful ramblings of Kierkegaard's justification of Abraham's ethical paradox in his willingness to sacrifice Isaac. Sheesh! I know but the thing is that I find the topic pretty interesting. I may be one of the best procrastinators in the world. I just don't have the drive anymore. I'm on the doorstep to the culmination of my undergrad and I can smell the paper upon which my degree will be printed.
My thesis advisor handed back my research proposal (a resubmission) and I received a 65%. Man this guy has no mercy. A friend of mine is in my class and he got the same grade and he happens to be one of the most brilliant people I know. I just hope that this prof doesn't shatter my dreams of graduation with some "I'm failing you for your own benefit" BS. I can't handle that.
In other news.....
I got my ipod yesterday and I can finally say that I know what all the hype is about now. Man this thing is awesome...i can fall asleep to music... wake up to music...do anything with music. I love it! The engineers over at Apple have done a great job. The slightest detail has been paid attention to down to the beautifully designed packaging.
So you see...with this new found toy to distract my focus I took the liberty of downloading some tunes from my "youth". Some of the greatest songs of the 90's and I must say "Music FUCKING ROCKED back then!" I've said it before and I'll say it again music today is so commercial sounding and lacks creativity that it's not worth the plastic is pressed on. I guess we've done ourselves in with the age of the mpeg layer 3. I guess record companies have to mass produce this crap in order to recoup the lost revenues from downloading of GOOD music". Maybe we are all guilty and not just the artists and record companies.
I miss the great music like Blind Melon, I Mother Earth(with Edwin), Rancid, sublime, STP, REM, Alice in Chains, NIN, heck even the Hip LOL! There are so many good bands from that decade maybe we are past the age of enlightenment when it comes to music (not to say the 90's were this) and we are heading into a downward spiral(allusion to NIN lol) of deevolution into the dark ages of crappy music. I have focused here on rock but the same can be said for Hip Hop with the exception of a select few artists.
We have become a critical mass of Pop worshipping lemmings blinded by consumerism. How sad.
This brings me to the critical point in my post...the song of the post of course...but what to choose? Hmmmm....
"Misery" Soul Asylum
Hope that was satisfactory...Maybe this is an opportunity for compiling a list of great songs of the 90's!!!! email me with your contributions and I'll post the list. WOOT!
My thesis advisor handed back my research proposal (a resubmission) and I received a 65%. Man this guy has no mercy. A friend of mine is in my class and he got the same grade and he happens to be one of the most brilliant people I know. I just hope that this prof doesn't shatter my dreams of graduation with some "I'm failing you for your own benefit" BS. I can't handle that.
In other news.....
I got my ipod yesterday and I can finally say that I know what all the hype is about now. Man this thing is awesome...i can fall asleep to music... wake up to music...do anything with music. I love it! The engineers over at Apple have done a great job. The slightest detail has been paid attention to down to the beautifully designed packaging.
So you see...with this new found toy to distract my focus I took the liberty of downloading some tunes from my "youth". Some of the greatest songs of the 90's and I must say "Music FUCKING ROCKED back then!" I've said it before and I'll say it again music today is so commercial sounding and lacks creativity that it's not worth the plastic is pressed on. I guess we've done ourselves in with the age of the mpeg layer 3. I guess record companies have to mass produce this crap in order to recoup the lost revenues from downloading of GOOD music". Maybe we are all guilty and not just the artists and record companies.
I miss the great music like Blind Melon, I Mother Earth(with Edwin), Rancid, sublime, STP, REM, Alice in Chains, NIN, heck even the Hip LOL! There are so many good bands from that decade maybe we are past the age of enlightenment when it comes to music (not to say the 90's were this) and we are heading into a downward spiral(allusion to NIN lol) of deevolution into the dark ages of crappy music. I have focused here on rock but the same can be said for Hip Hop with the exception of a select few artists.
We have become a critical mass of Pop worshipping lemmings blinded by consumerism. How sad.
This brings me to the critical point in my post...the song of the post of course...but what to choose? Hmmmm....
"Misery" Soul Asylum
Hope that was satisfactory...Maybe this is an opportunity for compiling a list of great songs of the 90's!!!! email me with your contributions and I'll post the list. WOOT!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home