To Brain Drain or Not to Brain Drain?
For the past few months I have been contemplating whether or not to work abroad. I've had this feeling of "am I going to spend my whole life here?" (This goes back to the feeling of restlessness I mentioned in a previous post). I have thought about working in the US after writing a paper on the issue of Brain Drain but a recent conversation with my friend Andrea has sparked my interest in working in Dubai. The financial rewards are oustanding and very attractive since I am going to be left with a substantial student loan and a condo to pay for. The contracts are for 2 or 3 years and since my condo won't be ready for two years maybe it's a good idea. This way I can return home being debt free and with a good deal of money saved up for furher downpayment on the condo or to get a new whip! At the same time it affords me the opportunity to travel and see other parts of the world.
The only downside is that I will be leaving my friends and family behind. Hmmm...So many decisions...
Here are a couple of pics....

The Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai

Federer serving against Agassi atop the helo pad at the Burj Al Arab
Saw "Hitch" last night and I must say it was entertaining. Hitch can kick some game but it also helps that he has a ton of cash (and it's a movie!) haha. The main lesson to be learned is that it is the combination of confidence and being yourself that leads to success with the opposite sex.
If your looking for some music I suggest you check out DJ Dangermouse. This is the guy who gave us "The Grey Album".
Song of the Post: "M.I.A" Foo Fighters
The only downside is that I will be leaving my friends and family behind. Hmmm...So many decisions...
Here are a couple of pics....

The Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai

Federer serving against Agassi atop the helo pad at the Burj Al Arab
Saw "Hitch" last night and I must say it was entertaining. Hitch can kick some game but it also helps that he has a ton of cash (and it's a movie!) haha. The main lesson to be learned is that it is the combination of confidence and being yourself that leads to success with the opposite sex.
If your looking for some music I suggest you check out DJ Dangermouse. This is the guy who gave us "The Grey Album".
Song of the Post: "M.I.A" Foo Fighters



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home