My Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, March 07, 2005

Is It the Weather?

My cousin just got back from vacation and she brought up a good point. She told me that while she was away her lifestyle was changed. The good weather encouraged her to go out and enjoy the day by waking up earlier and going to bed sooner. The weather definitely has a negative effect on my enthusiasm like today I took a mid afternoon nap instead of doing something else. Oh where are thou sunshine?

I did one of those online IQ tests after getting a pop up on my screen for it. It seems I have an IQ of 135 which puts me in the top 1% of the world's population. Yeah right! I never put much stock in IQ tests. Just because you have above average logic skills and you can determine the next number in a sequence doesn't make you smart in my eyes. I think a truly intelligent person also has an understanding of culture. Book smarts are great but I don't really enjoy talking about eigenvectors all that much. But if someone tells me how bernini was the architect behind St.Peter's Square, Dostoevsky wrote "Crime and Punishment" or that Gericault painted "The Raft of the Medusa" I would be impressed.

Its crunch time at school and I can't stand it. I've got to give it the final push and just be done with it. At the same time I've been suffering from the lonely's but it's all part of the healing process I guess. I attribute it to the fact that I'm a bit of a people watcher and working in a kiosk in a mall I get to see all these people interact. A friend of mine told me that he was thinking of his ex and felt that he didn't want to find someone else in order to fill that void. While I agree, at this point it's no longer a rebound issue and we have to realize that because of the length and seriousness of our past relationships it's natural to keep thinking of the "Ex" once in a while. In fact, I don't think you ever stop having periodic thoughts or memories of that person. It's only natural.

Still debating the issue of Dubai, although, it was refreshing to get support from my cousin. Most of my friends haven't said that I should think twice but I can tell they have their reservations on the issue and I don't blame them. I have the same reservations. I just feel I need a change.


Song of the Post:"In Between Days" The Cure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home