Progress....
So I went for my follow up appointement with my orthopaedist yesterday. I took a few more xrays and was told that everything was looking good and I got referred to a physiotherapist. The physiotherapist told me that my knee was left dislocated for too long which could negatively impact my healing process. DOH! However, he was happy with the stiffness of my patella considering this. I was given a series of excercises to do to strengthen my now atrophied left quad and strengthen the medial patellar ligament. All I have to say is that I now know why tv shows always make rehab such a laborious process. Sheesh! So many excercises and they hurt! The absolute best news I received was that I was no longer going to be in a knee immobilizer and now was going to be in a "J splint" or a patella stabalizer. So now I look like Stone Cold Steve Austin. (Although his brace doesn't support the kneecap so mine looks a little different) Soon I'll be opening a can of whoop ass on somebody....Oh Snap!LOL This also means that I can begin driving again. Woot! I've missed my car sooooo much.

a la Stone Cold

My Brace
I brought up the issue of working in a foreign country to my mom this weekend and it was met with the response I expected. "NO" hahaha. When will my parents realize that I can't always be within arm's reach?
Song of the Post: "Shimmer" by Fuel

a la Stone Cold

My Brace
I brought up the issue of working in a foreign country to my mom this weekend and it was met with the response I expected. "NO" hahaha. When will my parents realize that I can't always be within arm's reach?
Song of the Post: "Shimmer" by Fuel



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home